What is e-mail marketing?
”Email marketing” is a form of direct marketing that uses email to send commercial or specific messages to a target group. ” In principle, any email sent to a current or potential customer can be seen as email mail marketing.
But there is a little difference. When we talk about email marketing, it’s about increasing the relationship between old and current customers. Also, the purpose of email marketing is to acquire new customers or to convince old customers to return to business.
The benefits of email marketing
- It’s cheap. The advertiser does not have to pay for production, paper, printing or shipping.
- It is fast in nature. An email arrives in seconds or minutes.
- It allows the advertiser to “push” his message directly to his target audience.
- It is easy to trace.
- An advertiser can track rejected mails, positive or negative response, clicks through and growth in sales.
- Email marketing is a success when done properly.
- Certain types of interaction with messages can cause other messages to be delivered automatically.